You may be entitled to a range of government and private health rebates available for the hearing services and hearing aids and devices that Neurosensory provides.
What rebates are available for Neurosensory services?
- At Neurosensory, it is important that we support you to reach your maximum hearing capability, so we make it a priority to provide medicare rebates on most of our services.
- All follow up hearing tests within the first 12 months of your initial hearing examination are charged at the Medicare rebate rate only.
- Neurosensory is an accredited provider for the major health funds. We are happy to process your health fund rebates when you come for your appointment.
- Different health funds offer varying levels of support for hearing health. It is advisable to consult your health fund to find out your hearing service entitlements.
- If the net medical expenses for you and your dependants exceed $2,000 in a financial year, and you are an Australian resident, you may be eligible for a 20% tax rebate. Net medical expenses are the medical expenses you have paid, less any refunds of these expenses you have received from Medicare or a private health insurer. Hearing aids and audiological services are included within the definition of medical expenses.
- We recommend consulting your tax adviser to clarify your entitlement to the rebate.